Church Road 1 Single Vineyard Merlot 2019
A dense, earthy Merlot with firm, but fine-grained tannins and generous, dark berry fruit, plum and cherry. Subtle floral aromas provide some lift while notes of dark chocolate bring a sense of warmth and luxuriousness. The palate is full bodied with good mid palate richness, and chunky, ripe tannins with a slight rustic edge.
Sub Heading: Redstone Vineyard
- Gold, New Zealand Wine of the Year Awards 2019
- Trophy for Champion Merlot & Predominant Blends, New Zealand International Wine Show 2019
- Trophy for Champion New Zealand Bordeaux Red Wine, New Zealand International Wine Show 2019
- Gold, New Zealand International Wine Competition 2018
- Gold, New Zealand Wine of the Year Awards 2019 & 2018
- Gold, Hawke's Bay A&P Bayley's Wine Awards 2019
- Gold, New Zealand International Wine Show 2019
A full, supple mid palate leads into a powerful finish with firm but fine-grained tannin driving great length and back palate presence.